Mister Wright is, in the words of Stephanie Moore Wright, owner of the fashion label, an “homage to the spirited women in my life… Who wore dresses all while working, playing, dancing, raising families, and raising hell…” Her goal – “to create garments that are easy to throw on while being stylish, not without shape, and not requiring additional layers in the way of slips and special bras…”
“Elegant & Efficient”
I kept the above statement close in mind through every stage and iteration of the brand design process. As the company and it’s projects expand, I continue to zero in on this simple descriptor to create content that brings these values to life.
INSPIRATION, SKETCHES + CONCEPTS
Sources and Visual Guides
· Stephanie’s background in modern dance and ballet
· Pin boards created during r+d process
· Visual observation of Stephanie’s home and personal style.
Lines, forms, colors pulled from these elements.
registration Black, monotone, cream + gray
stark 1990’s editorial, deep woody blossoms, black + white photographs of ballerina rehearsal, refined decadence
1. Pulling palettes
2. Alfred Eisenstaed,1936. the definition of elegance & efficiency
3. Prototype sketches taken from Stephanie’s concept sheet ; digital illustration treatment
4. Dancers and textiles; a visual expression of the brand’s homage and production goals.
5. Custom wallpaper from Rebel Walls. Chosen for mood
Logo Concepts: floral, structural and experimental